Below are a selection of the most often asked questions. If you have any queries not answered below, then please contact us.
- What will you use my donations for?
- How will you protect my data?
- How do I change by address or email?
- How do I amend my direct debit or standing order?
- What standards of fundraising practice do you work to?
- How does War on Want comply with charity law?
- Why do we email or call government officials?
We will use your donations effectively to best support War on Want's work fighting global poverty. You can find out exactly how here.
War on Want is committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act, and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction. Find out more here.
Direct Debit - you can contact us to change your Direct Debit here.
Standing Order - you will need to contact your bank as we are not able to change your Standing Order on your behalf.
War on Want follows the highest standards of fundraising practice, as set out in the codes of the Institute of Fundraising,
War on Want complies fully with the legal and regulatory framework governing charity activities; find out more here.
Engaging those in positions of power is an important part of making change, even if it is only one element of a broader campaign. Read more here.