War on Want's upcoming events are listed below — accounts of our recent events can be found here.
We will be speaking on TTIP at the following public events. For the latest information regarding timings, please contact the host or venue via the link provided:
- 26 Mar: World Social Forum, Tunis
- 28 Mar: This Changes Everything, London
- 7 Apr: New Left Perspectives conference on TTIP, Sofia
- 11 Apr: People's Convention for the NHS, London
- 11 Apr: Scotland Against TTIP - launch event
- 18 Apr: Global Day of Action Against TTIP, CETA, TiSA
- 20 Apr: TTIP events week, Poland
- 28 Apr: Workers' Memorial Day, 6pm, Leeds
- 1 May: May Day rally, Trafalgar Square, London
- 2 May: International Workers' Day celebration, 1pm, Manchester
- 9 May: Dulwich Festival, 11am, London
- 12 June: Trades Councils national conference, Crewe
Tueday 31 March
14:30 to 16:00
Development House 56-64 Leonard Street London EC2A 4LT
We would like to invite you to a free meeting to discuss about the global campaign: Dismantle Corporate Power and Stop Impunity.
Dismantle Corporate Power is the response of hundreds of civil society organisations across continents opposing the power of transnational companies, the impunity that surround them and more importantly the development of an International People’s Treaty that will affirm an alternative vision from the people on law and justice.
The event is coordinated by War on Want and the UK Food Group
Please invite your friends and rsvp to email@example.com as we need to do a list of names for the building reception.
18 April 2015
TTIP is an assault on democracy. But the resistance is growing to this 'free trade' deal that in reality threatens our most prized social, health and environmental protections in the name of corporate profit. 18 April is the Global Day of Action against TTIP, when activists across the UK will join people around the world in voicing their opposition and organising against TTIP.
In London, War on Want, along with a range of groups, will be supporting a "Democracy vs TTIP" event coordinated by Students Against TTIP (SATTIP). Democracy vs TTIP will feature an open, participatory assembly on TTIP with opening comments from War on Want Executive Director, John Hilary. The day will also feature workshops to enable attendees to enhance their knowledge and skills for campaigning against TTIP and similar deals, like CETA and TiSA.
Democracy vs TTIP will take place from 12:30 to 16:00 by 1 Tottenham Street.
For more information, contact Mark Dearn (firstname.lastname@example.org, 0207 324 5054)