Teachers & schools
We can also provide 1 - 1 1/2 hour workshops on sweatshops to Key Stage 3/4 classes of 10-40 students.
In that time we will:
- Do a fun warm up exercise
- Find out about the history of sweatshops
- Learn and discuss why and how sweatshop exploitation exists
- Understand how citizens of the UK can make a difference
- Find out inspiring stories about people in Bangladesh and other countries who are winning their rights
- Watch and discuss a short campaigning film
In that time, students will engage in:
- Group work
- Interpreting photographs
- Summarising arguments
- Answering questions
We can also come provide a speaker for panel discussions for sixth formers & college campaign groups.
Have a look what year 11s did at Central Foundation Girls School, East London.
Have a look at what year 10s did at George Green school, East London.
Find out more about our FREE KS3/4 Sweatshops activities pack
War on Want works with schools and teachers all around the UK. We are not always able to travel outside London, but do get in touch with Nadia at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs further
Add Image gallery